Wednesday, February 01, 2006

10 K A Day

Well, I got ahold of my doctor... well, his assistant. I called on Friday and they said I couldn't make an appointment because he was booked for the next 2 1/2 months! So I talked to an assistant and gave them some of my numbers and they called back about 10 minutes later and told me to lower my basal rate by half! I was getting 1.3 units/hour and they lowered it between 12:00-3:00 to .6 units/hour! I though that was a bit drastic but it seems to be working ok so far. Sandra Miller had some good advise though. I never thought about the protien packed snack. Great idea, I will have to give that a try.
Today the student group I am in (encoUrage) kicked off our get in shape, get up, and get going promotion- 10 K A Day! Challenge...Walk a 10 K every day for a month. We were expecting 100 people to show up and close to 200 came! We were excited. Everyone was given a pedometer, a water bottle, and a walking log. Every week we tally everyone's progress and next month we are having a party and giving prices to the people/groups who did the best. Get up and walk! 10 K A Day it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home