Thursday, March 30, 2006

Long-time Friends

This post is dedicated to my friends, my "sugar-free friends." I have known you longer than I have known anyone else (excluding family). We did not meet under the most pleasant circumstances but I'm glad we met. Our moms met soon after we were diagnosed in a support group for parents of diabetics. Soon they decided to meet outside of the meetings, then they brought us with. We were young, about ages 2-3. We didn't know that diabetes is what linked us together, all we knew is that our moms liked to get together to talk and that meant play date for us. Who knew that 17 (about) years ago would spark this bond. This bond that not many have. I have known these other 3 diabetics longer than I can even remember. We aren't best friends and we only meet about once a year-through our moms who are best friends-but i know they are still with me. I know if I needed them, they would be there. We have seen eachother grow into young adults. I still remember a lot about our earlier meetings... playing in the sand at Tony's, going and visiting John's neighbor's horses, all the dead flies in John's attic, the rope swing in his yard, playing catch when he was in a wheel-chair, going to Laurissa's and playing volleyball, them coming to our house to play in the pool and treehouse. Getting older and joining our moms at Houlihans for dinner...John and his Diet Cherry Coke WITH cherries. Oh, excuse me, I should introduce you to my friends. I am the oldest in the group. (I think you know a little about me already.) Then there is Tony and John. They are two very cute boys who started their college carreers this year. Youngest is Laurissa, she is graduating high school this spring. Wow, we really have been together a long time haven't we? Well, anyway, I love you guys and I want you to know I have your back; if you need anything do not hesitate, I am here for you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home