Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Curse you alarm clock

It seems bed time is the time I think most about being diabetic. It is probably because I now actually have time to do nothing other than think about something and why not that? It is usually the time I reflect and think to myself “I shouldn’t of had that rice crispy square. It wasn’t that good anyway.” Or “Why is my alarm going off at 1:00AM?” Last night as I was laying down to go to sleep I set my alarm to go off at 1 knowing that I was feeling like I could be on my way down but hoping that I wasn’t. I was. At 1:00 my alarm went screaming and I found myself at 65. Boo I say to that as all I wanted to do was crawl back under my warm covers and continue sleeping. But I was a good girl and got out of bed to fix my low. I turned on the TV and ate a bowl of cereal. The entire time thinking I want sleep, only 15 more minutes and a reading of 100 and I can lie back down. Well, 10 minutes later and a reading of 86 and I found myself saying that will suffice and back to dreamland I went. Ahhhh sleep; I can’t get enough.

Darryl Worley’s “If Something Should Happen” always makes me a little sad. I know so many diabetics (including myself) and I know there are millions of us out there so when I hear this song I cannot help but think there are people speaking these lyrics everyday.

Well that’s my story for the day.

2 Comments:

Blogger Sarah said...

I had a 65 the other night and went back to sleep without treating, I was bad, I know.

1:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just saw your blog from another site, and thought i'd say hi, (and I am going to add you to my blogroll, by the way!)

Have you heard Billy Gilman's song, "If they could...I would"?
I've always loved that song, i think every daibetic could relate. :)

Well i hope you have a great weekend!
-Mollie

2:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home