Friday, June 29, 2007

San Fran Marathon

Yesterday afternoon I was fortunate enough to meet at one of many local Starbucks with my former basketball coach. We have a deep history and even though she is no longer my coach we are very nicely transferring our roles to friends; a very nice blessing for both of us. As we sat in some our comfy chairs and sipped our lattes she informed me that she would be running in the San Francisco half marathon. I was impressed with the news and slightly jealous at the opportunity. (As athletic as I am, I am not yet to marathon-or half-caliber.) She then told me about how she wants to run with a cause and since both of her parents were diagnosed with diabetes later in life and since she has a friend or two with the big D she has decided to run for diabetes. She asked if I could get my hands on some diabetes related t-shirts and I am gladly on the task. Rock on with your bad self Sue! I know you can do it and I know you will wear one of the shirts I grab proud. Also, thank you for running for (what I think is) a great cause. Good luck!

I hope everyone’s summer is going well. I hope any travel plans go off without any trouble and if you need to get frisked at the airport it is by someone attractive ;-) Stop by and pay a visit from time to time.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You write very well.

8:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home