Friday, July 20, 2007

Let's Go for a Walk



One of the perks with interning with the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation (JDRF) is being asked to come to the outings that the chapter (Southeastern Wisconsin) puts on. Yesterday was our kick off lunch for the Walk to Cure which is held at the Milwaukee County Zoo (September 23rd for any locals who are interested). I bring this up because it was such a great feeling seeing so many people come out to support one cause. At one point through the lunch I looked around at the people who were enjoying their lunch and talking with family and co-workers and I was filled with a feeling of something between awe and bittersweet. The thought of so many people from all corners of Milwaukee to support me and the millions of diabetics almost brought me to tears. “They have my back” (including my friend who is running half a marathon in the name of diabetes-reference post “San Fran Marathon”) I thought as I took a bite of my chicken in a mushroom sauce. It also cut just a little to know that all these people-these great people-were there to fight something that no one should have to deal with. I have met so many people through diabetic connections and as great as the people are, I think I would have to say I would rather not know them. I try to spin it and say that diabetes was the masked blessing that brought me to someone or that I was given diabetes because I am strong enough to fight it but when it comes down to it, diabetes sucks.

Thank you to the people out there fighting for a cure. Whether you are diabetic, know and love someone struggling with the disease, or you just want to help your courage and dedication does not go by unnoticed. We [diabetics] appreciate the time and work.

1 Comments:

Anonymous bestiality stories stuck up said...

Funny that there was noforeskin. Nubians, likethe local tribes gene pool shed checked tended to be either skeletaland breastless or LARGE.
sexy lesbian stories
sexy naughty stories
erotic xrated adult sex stories
bdsm stories of capture and torcher
illustrated stories of females in bondage
Funny that there was noforeskin. Nubians, likethe local tribes gene pool shed checked tended to be either skeletaland breastless or LARGE.

5:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home