Thursday, May 04, 2006

1 month away...

I am still a little in shock about being accepted to do the ADA's Call to Congress. We are only a month away! Wow!!! I am really looking forward to the event but I am really nervous too. My mom is coming though so I'm not going alone *wheph* I am currently trying to fundraise money for our plane tickets to and from D.C. I made these pamphlets that I am going to hand out to my family, teachers, coaches, neighbors...everyone else I see. I had my mom proof-read them to make sure there were no errors. She came upstairs to my room where I was writing a history paper and I could tell she had been crying. She said that it was the first time in a long time that she had cried over my diabetes. So, if things go right I should be handing these things out by Monday. Butterflies are filling my stomach just typing this post. Well, it is late and I need to get some sleep-I have to meet with one of my instructors tomorrow about my final...

If you are interested in helping my mom and me go to Washington for the Call to Congress please let me know. Any little bit will help. You can contact me at infernoballa24@cwdmail.com

3 Comments:

Blogger Lyrehca said...

Hey Alex--one way you could try to raise money is to run ads on your blog through Google. THere's a way to sign up for it through Blogger, and you can get money if people click on the ads on the side of your page. Just a thought...

9:28 AM  
Blogger Nicole P said...

Alex -- I can help you with a contact at Southwest Airlines if you hit me up by email coletoy@yahoo.com.

They will sometimes provide complimentary airfare...

10:11 AM  
Blogger Kerri. said...

Alex - How are things going with your trip to D.C.?

2:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home