Thursday, June 15, 2006

Back home

Well ladies, gents, and diabetics of all ages I am back in the cheese state. Washington DC was great. I am not a big city person but I could see myself living there. The Call to Congress went very well. I met with Sen. Feingold and Kohl (well, Kohl's aid) and they are both in support of stem cell research which is two for our corner.
"A cure is 5 years away" a doctor said to my parents. That cure is 12 years late. "A cure is 7 years away" was told to Steve from WI-10 years late. A cure is now within reach. They are making great strides in the right direction. I know I may be setting myself up; setting the bar high but it is all I have left. I want to be free of my pump! While in DC there is an exhibit at the Smithsonian called "What happened to polio?" My point: I want there to be an exhibt "What happened to diabetes?" It would be great! They would have syringes and needls and vials of old insulin and people would look at it and say things like "I can't believe people would do that!" It is amazing the things people will do to stay alive.

1 Comments:

Blogger Nicole P said...

Congratulations! I'm so pleased that you went to the Call. I know you must have done an impressive job of representing those of us who could not make it. You should be proud!

9:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home