Monday, June 05, 2006

The time has come

Well, the time has finally come. Tomorrow my mom and I leave for Washington DC. Wow! I am so excited and nervous at the same time. I still can't believe I was chosen to do this. This is big stuff. Crazy! I made a cool T-shirt to wear on the flight tomorrow. A little nerdy yes but fun none the less. The fundraising number on the last count was a little over $1,400. I did get 3 more envelopes today addressed for the CTC so I'll give you a final number once I have added that to the total. I already have butterflies in my stomach. I also am filled with fear. I work for a ferry that crosses Lake Michigan and some sweet old lady came in today saying she originally made plans for Tuesday's crossing but changed it after she realized it was 6.6.06. Then I thought about it-I'm leaving for DC on 6.6.06 and there hasn't been any plane crashes in awhile which unfortuatly means we are due soon. ...so, if this does happen to be my last post I want you all to know I love you in a very diabetic related way! Ok, back to the here and now: I'm almost all packed and I can't wait to be in DC. My mom and me are planning on going to the Korean War Mem, the Holocaust Museum, some shopping, and some other big places. We only have 2 days to tour but we will get a lot in. I'm going to be taking tons of pics so if anyone wants me to send them the online Wallgreens album just send me your email address.

1 Comments:

Blogger Kerri. said...

Good luck in D.C!!!

Chris and I were there a few weeks ago and we saw the Holocaust Museum as well. It is completely amazing. We also ended up happily lost in the Smithsonian, which is another place you should try and see.

Best of luck to you and your mom and I can't wait to hear how it goes!

4:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home